As a part of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.’s “Go-to-High-School, Go-to-College” national program, the Members of the Kappa Epsilon Lambda Education Foundation host one of the largest and most diverse college fairs in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region.
Working in conjunction with the Southern Maryland Technology and Recreation Complex (Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission) and the Kappa Epsilon Lambda (Prince George’s County) and Eta Zeta (Bowie State University) Chapters of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., the Foundation has put together a widely-recognized college fair which brings public and private institutions from across the country together to share key areas of their programs and admissions process to our local high school seniors and their parents.
Here are some of the things that make this college fair so dynamic:
- Free admission;
- Open to the public;
- Apple iPad giveaways;
- Scholarship raffle for a High School Senior (no essay, GPA, or residency requirements);
- A variety of over 90 colleges and universities including private, public, faith-based, men-only, women-only, military academies, and historically black colleges and universities have confirmed their participation year after year;
- Information on internship opportunities from various government agencies;
- Workshops on financial aid and SAT preparation;
- On-site interviews with many of our participating institutions; and
- Attendees pursuing college are highly encouraged to come dressed to impress and bring their latest report card and SAT information.
Click For More About Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.’s Go-to-High-School, Go-to-College Program
College Fair Committee: College Fair Committee